Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nesting.. Is that what they call it?

(wow, this post is in such random order. can't figure out how to fix it. hope you can understand it!)




I am about 5 weeks away from welcoming this new little guy into our family and I am going a little stir crazy. So this is a post about some of the things we have been busy with while Ben is away and baby is not here yet..




Nathan's 5th Birthday.. also Hurricane Irene day. Poor kid got just a tad overlooked, good thing he is just a tad bit oblivious at this stage of life (:












Had to dry out our things for a couple of days, but it was really good to de-junk. SO glad the tunnel closed because Ben didn't have to go to work, I couldn't have handled this by myself!







Getting my two oldest ready for school.. can't believe we have a second grader!! They are growing up so fast. Nathan loves kindergarten and is already learning so much. the pictures below were the first day of school. Nathan was already scoping out the social scene, but I am not sure the girl next to him is going to be in to it!









Re-finishing some furniture. (random order, thanks blogger!)








"Spa Party" for my beautiful 7 year old!

We also went apple picking per request of the birthday girl. It started to rain towards the end, and if you look closely at the last picture Nathan is in between my legs so he doesn't get wet!









and last but not least because it took ALL DAY.. but we canned salsa on our own for the first time.. no pictures, they are cooling right now.
Anyway I am exhausted, but being busy seems to pass the time better!

7 comments:

CottleCrew said...

Wow, two blog posts in less than a year . . . you must be nesting!!! Love the pictures . . . it's fun to be able to picture the craziness, not just hear about it!! Love you guys!

RSP said...

I vividly remember my 7th birthday. We went on a hay ride, drank cider, and Dave and Nancy took me to see Oliver and Company with Mariah. Crazy to think you have a child that old! Looks like the hurricane gave you a little taste... not too bad though. Besides, that's awesome that Ben didn't have to go to work. Tyson's there now. I hope he comes to say hi. I wish I were with him. Miss you guys a ton!

mom said...

Wow!!! you have been a busy girl and it looks like everyone has benefited from your efforts. It looks like a good time was had by all. Love Grandma

Dustin and Melissa said...

I LOVE the picture of Nathan checking out the little girl next to him! Your kids are growing up so fast! We are thinking about you and your family. We are excited for Baby Smith #4 to arrive!

Jayson & Sara said...

canning is awesome. Miss the kids.

KyJeanell said...

Love it!! I died laughing at the picture of Nathan at school. That is so hilarious! I hope you are hanging in there. :) We love you guys and miss you!!!

Smelsha said...

Ooh, I'd almost given up checking your blog anymore but I'm so glad to see a little update! I guess I'll be checking more often to hear some good news about #4 so please don't wait another year to give us a glimpse. Anyway, Tanelle, I tried to call you a few months ago but I don't have your phone number any more. Email it to me, my emails, the same as it always ways. You need to complain to me about intern year! :) Hope all is well and hope to talk to you soon!