Friday, March 14, 2008

!!! IT'S A BOY !!!

Well after 40 weeks, and a seemingly smooth pregnancy (everything is relative) he came. He is 8lbs 8 oz. and is 20.5 inches long. He came on his scheduled C-section date unlike his two siblings, so that may be a good sign. He was born this morning at 7:52 and is doing great. We have finally decided on a name. His name is Carson Deane Smith! We are happy to have him and are once again awed at the miracle of birth and the ability for our heart's capacity to be stretched beyond what we thought possible. Thank you everyone for your love and support.

26 comments:

Shauna said...

Yay! congratulations, he is so precious and so handsome. I am glad everything went well and that Carson is here, we love the name! Tanelle, I hope you have a smooth recovery and an easy adjustment for everyone. We can't wait to see him in person.

Jon said...

Congrats Ben and Tanelle! Carson looks great...I'm surprised he's so dang big! Good job Tanelle.

Jessica said...

He looks huge in that picture! Way to go you guys! Love the name...take care! Let us know how three works out for ya. :)

M+J=K3+E said...

Congrats! I can't believe how much he looks like Nathan. Hope you are feeling well. He has my brother's b-day. Good day :) Good luck with everything.

val said...

Horray he's here and adorable. Best wishes to you guys.

RaeLynn said...

Wow--what a handsome guy. Tanelle, you looked so good at 9 months pregnant. Sheesh, I hope I can pull that off! Congrats to you all.

Sara and Dustin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you. Another boy will be so fun for Nathan. Just seeing the picture of Carson gets me so excited for our little one - and reminds me that there really IS and end to pregnancy :) Good luck with the recovery and adjustments.

Jayson & Sara said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! And we can't wait to have you all back in Grenada again! We've missed you!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Congrats!! He's so cute. I'm so glad everything went well. How long do you have before you go back home? You are such a cute pregnant girl but I bet you're glad it's all done!

RSP said...

Congratulations! I had a hunch it was a boy. He is so, so cute! Hope everyone is feeling great!

Mindi said...

Way cute! And of course we love the name!

beth said...

What a cutie! Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! I don't know if you remember me, Tenelle, but it's Andrea (Hill)Rasband, and I just saw your link from someone's blog. Your family is so cute and what a beautiful pregnant girl you make. Congrats with the new baby! What an incredible miracle.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Smelsha said...

Congratulations! Looks like a Smith. Hope all are well!

Lindsay said...

hooray for carson...he's so handsome! glad to hear mom and baby are well!

Justin & Ashlee said...

Congratulations! He is sure a cutie. We're glad everything went well.

Mimi said...

Congratulations! He looks like a big, healthy boy. Hope you all adjust wonderfully to this new addition.

Natalie said...

Just adding our congrats to everyone else's! He's so cute! He and Sadie are pretty close in age. Maybe they'll be buddies. :)

Brianne & Jarod said...

CONGRATS...he is adorable. (and might I add, that you LOOKED amazing at 40 weeks!) Glad to hear that everything went well, and look forward to seeing more pictures!!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! glad to hear it all worked out well and you are all in the US! cute name! hope all is well!

Penny said...

Congratulations, you guys! How fun. He's a big boy, like my kids. I can't remember if your others were big, too? Anyway, he's handsome and looks perfect, and I love the name Carson. When do you go home?

Debbie Allen said...

Ben and Tanelle,
Congrats to you all! Carson is darling! Wish we were closer. I love the name! Give him a kiss for me and Dave. I can't wait to be a grandma, not too long now.
Love, Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Horner Family said...

Congrats you guys! I'm sorry I'm a little slow to check this cute baby out. I'm so glad everything worked out so well! Tanelle, you looked great in you 40 weeks pregnant picture! He is adorable!

cailin said...

Congratulations! May he be as accomodating in personality as he was in the timing of his arrival.