Sunday, June 14, 2009

Now in New Jersey !!!



We made it! (a month ago, I know). We are here in Parsippany, New Jersey and we really like it. We had a great time traveling across the country, we went through 10 states (each one got a little better and there were more sites to see as we went on), we stayed in 7 hotels, saw 4 temples (Winter Quarters, Nauvoo, Kirtland and Palmyra), and we had a great time. Our camera wasn't working the greatest along the way so we didn't get to take a picture of everything, but we did get a lot on video. We stopped in Buffalo to see our good friends from Grenada, the Roberts', and we also saw my friend Elsha from high school and her family, in Iowa City, Iowa. It was so great to see so many things, and it helped that the kids were awesome in the car
(other than Nathan tattooing himself with marker EVERYDAY and throwing up in Echo canyon, just 30 min. into the trip!) They loved all the hotels, and were excited to see all the windmills and bridges!

Things are good here. Ben has started with his Surgery rotation and it is pretty awful, everything everyone said about med school is now coming to pass! We love being out here and being so close to the city. It has been fun to go and see all the sites there. My brother, his wife, our soon to be niece (in October) live close, so it has been nice. We will post pictures of our city adventures soon! The last picture on the slide show was a proud moment for both Ben and I, we had to post it!

16 comments:

Shauna said...

Awesome Tanelle! I can't believe it's my turn next. Good luck with surgery, hope it goes fast...you are scaring me of what lies ahead!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safe! I bet it is very pretty out there!

Brianne & Jarod said...

So glad you made it safe and sound. The East is just beautiful!

MyrLynn said...

Good Luck, It will be over before you know it,,,just like everything else. Answering your ?, We found out we were moving in April

RSP said...

Have my eyes betrayed me? Was that a bat and ball I saw? Proud moment indeed.

Looks like you had some fun travels. You guys are troopers- I've made that drive about 8 times in the past 5 years, but I have never done it with children, let alone 3! You are my heroes!

We miss you already! See you in a couple weeks!

CottleCrew said...

Does Nathan even like baseball or did you stage that??? Was that they only thing you could find because you hid his legos so he coudln't make another magic wand???

Just kidding . . .we miss you guys!!!

Mindi said...

I want pictures of all the furniture you refinished. So jealous you get to live so close to NYC what fun!

Tarahh77 said...

You took away his legos for building magic wands but took him to see Little Mermaid? Talk about mixed messages Mom! I say the photo was posed. I sure love that little boy!

bentanelle said...

That is NOT a posed picture... sisters... thanks for support! I was so excited when I went in to check on the kids I had to take a picture! Also for the record, I didn't "take away" his legos, I just discouraged wand making. And he totally has a crush on Ariel how could I leave him out of that?!

beth said...

Hooray for making it! I loved all the pictures. I can't believe they have Ben starting with surgery. That one is the absolute worst rotation! OBGYN is the next worse. After that, they're busy, but not too bad. Good luck!

*Mary* said...

I'm so glad to see that you've made your long journey and that you guys got there safely. I wish my kids would travel well, but after about 2 1/2 hrs they're done. So pretty much we couldn't do the 37 hrs. Good luck to you guys:)

The Pack's said...

What fun pictures! I so wish I could have been a stuffed animal that got to tag along with you and see and do everything you did. What a precious picture that is of Nathan. He is so cute! I wish I could pick him up and give him bunches of tickles. You will have to give him some for us. Hope all is going well still. We want to plan our trip out there so bad. Tell Ryan Dent and Brian Hunter hello for me.

Dustin and Melissa said...

You made it! Welcome to the east coast! Don't worry third year gets better. Although Bettina is right, OBGYN is the worst. Luckily OBGYN is only 6 weeks. Let us know if you plan a trip to Manhattan - we would love to meet up with you!

Smelsha said...

So glad you made it safe and sound and like it. I was a bit worried for you. It was so fun to see you and your cute family too! Thanks for stopping to see us. All the best and don't worry, surgery rotation doesn't last forever!

Todd and Amy Curtis said...

I hear you sister... Todd is doing surgery right now too. So brutal!

Jessica said...

So, say there were two people who wanted to go on a trip to the east coast. And say, they are too cheap to stay in a hotel for 3-4 days. What are our options??? :)