Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving in New York

We had a great Holiday, although I am pretty late posting it! We have loved the Fall back east! We missed the fall the last two years in Grenada so we have really taken advantage of it this year.

we are really getting good at getting around the city if I do say so myself! one day we went in and met our friends and spent the whole day in the park! it was wonderful, the day was perfect and we loved the company! the kids had fun just doing what they wanted because we didn't have an agenda or time limit!


We decided to brave the crowds and go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and we are so glad we did! a family in our ward has been going for 25 years so they know exactly what to do! we left our home at 5:30 and got to the spot where they had "reserved seats" for a bunch of people in the ward, it was great. They laid a tarp for the kids and they had front row seats! it was really, really fun to see it in person and just so see how many crazy people there are out there! at one point I left to go get muffins about an hour before the parade and I had a really hard time getting back to the spot, so many people had shown up and New Yorkers are NOT NICE at events like this! we just kept laughing and saying.. Happy Thanksgiving!


Nathan and Addie loved the big balloons, they were so big!


There were a lot of famous people, but Cindy Lauper was by far the craziest! She had pink hair and was atop a princess float, she was NUTS!

It was really crowded, but a great time..we might have to add it to our traditions!


We then headed home (in record time getting out of the city!) and enjoyed a nice thanksgiving dinner! I didn't get many pictures, we were a little busy, but we loved having our family and friends come over and enjoy the day with us!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Looks fun! I loved the parade too! We'll have to go again next year! Happy Thanksgiving!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Sorry we didn't make it out to the parade with you all this year. We actually watched the parade from home while eating breakfast in bed!

We are glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

MyrLynn said...

I love the Macys parade. WE watch it every year. MyLeigh will die to know that you were really there. What a neat experience

The Pack's said...

What fun pictures! I'm so glad that you went. You can't live so close to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and not go. Maybe we will have to help you make it a tradition. It sounds like so much fun!!!

Natalie said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe you were RIGHT THERE at the parade. I bet the kids were so fun to watch.

We miss you guys! Hopefully we'll get to see you in a few weeks.

Christensen's said...

Sounds crazy and fun. I can't imagine going to a parade like that. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!