Wednesday, April 21, 2010

We had the chance to go to DC over Easter while Alicia and Aaron were in town. We had a great time, it was the perfect weekend to go because of the cherry blossoms, they were so beautiful. I think we saw everything we wanted to in the short two days we were there, thanks Lishy for planning everything!






But let's be honest here.. this is really how our vacation went...

a whole lot of this..

really glad we gave him a popsicle

drank way too much of this

talks by the wall (nathan's face is classic)

came all that way to play in
a dirt pile!

lots of breaks

sometimes the drink changed hands

lots of picture taking

we are here.. where are you??

and the end of the day pose!!


Needless to say I think City vacations aren't the best for our kids, but we still enjoyed seeing everything. Next Vacation.. to the park down the street!


8 comments:

Shauna said...

Looks like fun! Those blossoms are beautiful. I guess we'll schedule our trip out there for next spring!

Jayson & Sara said...

Wow those Cherry Blossoms were beautiful! Sounds like a fun vacation to me!

Dustin and Melissa said...

I'm sure one day you will look back on your family vacations and smile. The cherry blossoms were so beautiful and the kids are hilarious! Thanks for sharing your fun trip - wish I had been able to make it to DC this year.

CottleCrew said...

I can't believe you actually posted pictures!!! THANKS!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post. "Vacations" with kids are not what they appear in the "stand still, smile cute, wait let's take another one" pictures that I post on my blog!

Love you . . and your funny kids!

The Pack's said...

WOW! You are much more with it than I am. I'm still trying to organize the thousand pictures we took. What a fun trip that was. WE are so glad you were able to go with us. Your pictures turned out so nice. I will have to send you some of the ones we took. There are some more classic pictures of the kids.

Tarahh77 said...

I LOVE the "how it really went down section". You are so smart because nothing is EVER how we always say it was! I want a 8x10 of the "talk on the wall" one okay? It is SO your family. Nathan rolling his eyes, Ben being calm and Addie adding her two cents. Love it! Miss you tons and tons and tons and tons and tons.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are too funny! I know you saw so many neat things, but the real life takes over huh? We can't wait to come out in a few weeks, are counting down the days until we see all of you.

Brianne & Jarod said...

ha ha ha! Isn't that the truth? The cherry blossom festival is pretty neato though, and they will love you one day for being such a cool mom who took them on fun vacations!