Tuesday, September 18, 2007

She Got Bigger!!



Addie's 3rd birthday was yesterday. She kept saying that she was going to get bigger for her birthday and she was really excited for that! I can't believe she is this old, she is growing up so fast! We had a great day centered around nothing else but Disney Princesses of course! I officially recieved the worst mom award though, I tried to make a castle cake and I found out a few things--
1. don't make cakes in Grenada, it is too hot and the frosting will melt seconds after you put it on! (literally) I had the fan blowing right on it, but that obviously didn't help!
2. Anything that takes me 4 hours and turns out like it did is only worth it because children are so innocent and sweet that they love everything! Before the cones were on it, Addie asked me why I was making a hat!! They are too honest!
3. If you are going to start a project like this don't trust what people post as comments on the recipe page. (they said it was easy and turned out great!) I bet they bought their frosting and could actually get gumdrops and mike and ikes to put on it! We had to improvise big time!

I will post some pictures of what it was supposed to look like and what it did look like as long as everyone realizes I tried!!
Other than the cake we had a great day, she got to share cupcakes with her friends at joy school and then share the cake and ice cream with our friends that night. Her and Nathan had a great time playing with the balloons that wouldn't stick to the wall! Addie said as she was going to sleep that she loved her birthday so I guess all the chaos of the day didn't have an effect on her! That is a relief!


(it didn't work to post a picture of what the cake was supposed to look like, just know that it wasn't like that. It was actually cute!! Mom knows, she saw the picture of it!!)

7 comments:

Smelsha said...

You're a good mom! I think the cake turned out cute and I'd bet you'd even do it all again next year if Addie asked you to. Stay safe with all those hurricanes! I don't feel too much like a med-school widow. Tyler's pretty good about making an effort to at least come home for dinner. I hope you get to see Ben every once in a while. Hang in there!

Lindsay said...

I say you're "mom of the year" for even attempting the castle cake! Does it ever cool off there? Your kiddos are sure getting big. I hope all is well!

M+J=K3+E said...

Happy Birthday Addie. Hope you had a great day. Kaleb has been talking about his too. He is excited to be 3!

Denzil and Brittany said...

The pictures of Addie are cute at the table. At least you have a few, right!!! And the cake was delicious and still looked great. You are super mom!!

val said...

I can't believe it's been three years since I came by your apt in Logan and saw you and your tiny baby. Time really flies by! Homemade cakes are the best...no matter how they turn out, they are just better. Kudos to you for making such an effort. You're awesome Tanelle. Happy Day Addie!

Jami said...

Hey you guys! I can't believe how big Addie is. That is crazy!! I think the cake turned out cute. You should have seen my attempt last year for Trenton....:)

Jessica said...

The cake is great! I wouldn't have even attempted such a feat. Addie is your twin, by the way. Just in case you haven't heard that before.