Friday, November 30, 2007

16 more days!!

We are so excited for Christmas this year!! Not only does it mean Ben is officially done with year one of medical school.. it means we have survived a year of the heat, no a/c, bugs, grocery problems, water & electricity problems, smells, hanging laundry on the line in 90+ degree weather at 8am, 3 hour time difference with our family and friends, car and bus problems, making my own bread and tortillas, earthquakes, tropical storms, just to name a few things! ( I really could go on believe it or not!) I haven't really posted very much about our experience here because I am still trying to decide if we like it! No, we have had a lot of fun and we have done a lot of things that I can honestly say I probably won't do again once we are back in the states. It has been a really hard year, but we made it!! Ben has done excellent in school, so it makes things more bearable down here knowing he is getting closer to doing what he loves!
But more importantly we get to come home to the cold in 16 days!! I think I am just as excited as Addie is. She can't wait, and I am feeding her excitement by telling her about everything. (everyone pray for snow for Addie!) It is going to be great and we can't wait to see everyone!

11 comments:

Smelsha said...

You're going to be in Utah? We have to get together!! We'll be in town the 23rd - 6th. Give me a call at my folks house. :)

Denzil and Brittany said...

cute new blog. we will miss you guys during the holidays. enjoy drinking your apple cider in the cold.

Kanien said...

Keep Praying, because Kaysville got 10 inches of snow today. The 1st of Dec and the first real snow. We are excited for you guys to come. Can't wait!

H-less said...

I will definitely pray for snow for your Addie. I'm glad you wrote this blog and can laugh at your little (and big) trials in your grenada (that's it right?). I can relate to the bugs to some degree...oh' what memories you are going to have with your sweet family. Keep us all posted!

H-less said...

love the song by the way...makes me smile!

RSP said...

Thanks, we love our bed! And our house! The bed was a sweet find at this great place in Phoenix only. Before we move (someday) I'm gonna have to buy a house full of furniture there! You'll get to see Jenson I'm sure, he is such a cutie. We won't be in Utah at all this Christmas. It's our turn in California and unlike you and Addie, we hate snow. The heat suits us just fine, but that's probably because we have air conditioning. Actually, we are avoiding the cold as much as possible until we have my arthritis under control. Sad. We will miss you guys!!!

Jill Bowcutt said...

You fooled me! I've been so jealous of you everytime I look at your pictures. I HATE the cold!I thought I wanted to live where you do. Not with bugs and earthquakes though. And seriously, there is so much snow here. It's cold enough that it might stick around too.

M+J=K3+E said...

Can't wait to see you. It will be fun. I sent your card yesterday so I hope it makes it before you leave. There is plenty of snow for Addie.

Michael Smith said...

we should be around for a few days in Park City. I don't know when the family Christmas party is, but we would love to see you guys too! I feel like I know you so much better because of this blogging world. Isn't it great!!?

Really hope we see you!

Lots of love,
Jen

Brianne & Jarod said...

I am with you Tanelle.. I miss Utah a lot too. (It just gets cold here in NC...) The fact that you have been able to handle all those "small" trials and be such a great mom and wife is very admirable! I hope that you have very Merry Christmas with your family in UTAH!!

Clifton and Melinda said...

I am so excited that you found my blog!! Your kids are absolutely darling!! I cannot believe that you live in Grenada!!! WOW!!! I am sure you will see some snow when you get here!! TONS AND TONS!! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!! Keep looking at our blog and I will keep looking at yours!! LOL!!