Sunday, April 13, 2008

Coming Home (to Grenada)

After 8 long eventful weeks Tanelle and the kids are finally coming home. Tanelle leaves tomorrow evening and arrives here in Grenada Tuesday morning with 3 kids, 2 parents, 8 bags, probably4 carry-ons, at least 3 backpacks, a carseat, a stroller, probably 2-3 blankets, and all other miscellaneous paraphernalia that comes with having kids. Traveling with kids is a pure joy!! Gosh its nice being on the sidelines for this one (Sorry Tanelle!!). I'm sure I'll get my fair share once they hit the ground here in Grenada going at full speed.
As unappealing as I made that all sound, I miss those guys and am so glad to have them coming back, and I would be more than happy to be there helping out if it got them here any faster. Life as a bachelor has some advantages, but mostly it brings up many disadvantages that either I'd forgotten about or that just surface once its forced upon you. All I can say is good riddance. I'll glad pass on the single life. Its not for me.
Anyway, I haven't kept this blog as updated as Tanelle, and now that she is back I'm sure all of you die-hard bloggers (you know who you are) will be able to catch up a lot more on "The Life and Adventures of 5 Smith's in the Tropics." It may be some time before I post again. Until then enjoy Tanelle narrative on our life.

3 comments:

beth said...

We're so excited for Tanelle and the kids coming back! Esther has really missed Addie.

Keri and Aaron said...

What a beautiful family you all are! We haven't kept up on the blogs at all and have been wondering so often how things went with the new little one's arrival. He is beautiful. We hope you have all had a WONDERFUL day of reunion. We are glad that you will all be back together. And hopefully we will get to see you all soon too. :)

janet said...

Hope you made it home safely Tanelle! What a trip!!! It was so much fun to see you on your crazy last day! I am sure you are so glad to be back with your hubby!