Friday, May 2, 2008

Addie's band aide on her nose
My future Doctors

So tonight was a pretty funny night with Addie. It started off with having to fix her nose. She tripped over her princess dress and did a nose dive on the cement and of course the band aid fixes everything. (hence the smile). Then after we had put Nathan to bed, Ben, Addie and I were on the bed playing with Carson. She was getting tired so we did the bedtime routine and put her to bed. Well it didn't last long. She came out about 2 minutes later saying she was "Starving, I am so, so, so hungry mom" about 10 min. before bed we had given her a yogurt so we knew she couldn't be that hungry. So we said good night and took her back to bed. During this process Ben had the ice cream out and we were taking bites, we did our best to hide it when her door opened, but of course she saw us. So the next time she came out saying she was hungry we asked what she wanted and her response was "some ice cream because we are a family"," I want mommy and daddy time too", "cause I never get treats". (poor deprived Addie)

She wouldn't give up so Ben told her that if she didn't go back to bed she was going to have to sit at the table with him and study about "intra-ductal papillary mucinous neoplasm" (anyone else not have a clue what that is??) So she said okay and sat at the table. We both thought for sure she would say, dad this is boring and go back to bed, but she didn't. She came up with a whole new set of "why" questions about the pictures on his notes. Ben doesn't have quite as much experience with the why questions as I do so I knew it would go on FOREVER, so we nipped it in the bud and sent her to bed without ice cream and a little smarter.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Addie is so funny. Dyson liked to study with Jason too. It's funny the questions they come up with and the unique way they see things sometimes. I hope things are going good with Carson. Your family is so cute.

Justin & Ashlee said...

Addie is so cute. That is funny she was so into studying. I know I wouldn't be.

beth said...

Constant whys drive me crazy! We limited Esther to 10 "whys" a day. After that I only answer her on a need-to-know basis.

jellington614 said...

She is so funny! It looks like your baby is growing up, I hate that. How is the sun? I wish I could come visit. It was so fun to see you guys here, when are you coming again? Christmas?

Janene said...

This makes me laugh, because my Zach will do anything to NOT use a band-aid. Cute stories, glad you shared!