Saturday, September 6, 2008



this is addie's thing lately. she lays out on the bed her clothes (and mine on my bed) in the morning with each article of clothing or accessory in it's place on our bodies. underwear underneath the skirt, then the skirt on top, headbands up where our hair is, usually there is a bracelet down on the bed where her arm would be. i took a picture today because i thought it was funny that she laid out her activity for the day as well. we got a package from grandma smith with coloring books and crayons and they haven't left her side since (as you can see)! oh to be a girl!

11 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

I remember doing that exact same thing when I was little! I would even put the underwear in the right place and everything. I don't think I ever placed my daily activity next to my clothes - that's more thoughtful than I ever got. Way to go, Addie.

beth said...

How fun. Looks like she can aleady coordinate her clothes better than I can.

The Pack's said...

That is so cute and funny at the same time. Thanks for taking a picture and sharing such a simple sweet moment of Addie's. Here is a big HUG from Aunt Lishy!!!! We miss you Addie.

Tarahh77 said...

So cute! I am so glad you come home soon, you are all so missed. Does your underwear make it underneath your shirt on your bed as well? :)

bentanelle said...

Tara- yep, tops and bottoms!

Tarahh77 said...

Nice! She knows too much :) Gotta love her spirit!

CottleCrew said...

That is so funny. I can't get Garrett to even get dressed in matching clothes, let alone lay them out perfectely before he puts them on.

Probably why Addie always looks so cute and Garrett always looks like a wrinkly, crazy haired, muddy little boy with a new bruise/cut on his head from where I tripped him in the parking lot going in to school yesturday!!

However, the other day I bought him new church socks and I couldn't find just black, so I bought a combo pack with tan,blue, black and white. So we were going to a meeting at WIC and I told him to find some socks and he came down with these white dress socks. I told him to just put play socks on and he told me that because he can't where these white socks to church that they are going to be his "meeting socks" and put them on to wear to WIC. So, at least I have him trained not to where white socks to church??!

Casey said...

That has got to be the cutest and funniest thing ever! I love it! What a cute little girl!

Woodward Family said...

Don't worry, she has the essentials laid out, including the princess crown! Does she wear that everyday too?

Christensen's said...

I can't believe she does that. That is so cute! How old is she now? You have darling children. I love it when they start to do cute things like that.

Janene said...

cute little girl habit! Maybe will come in handy when it's time to get ready for school in a rush :o)