So do you ever take a step back and look at your life and wonder how you got to that point?
Saturday was one of those moments for Ben and I. We went to a beach with one of our friends for the morning and as we were leaving a party they call Sand Blast (something they do after midterms) started down the beach from us. well it happened to be on the way to our car, so we had to walk right in the middle of it. Yeah. You know, when we leave our house we just get everything we need for the kids and we don't really think about it, but as we were walking through the crowds of all single people drinking, dancing, drinking, laughing, drinking, swimming, drinking while swimming (they provided tubes to float on so they wouldn't drown when they were drunk, seriously.) we realized just how ridiculous we really look! oh, well we had a good time, and so were they! What a different life we lead!
(click on the picture to get the full effect of the party!)
Monday, October 20, 2008
Do we fit in?
at 7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I am starting to feel that way my self as I gear up all of Rylee's stuff any time we go anywhere. That's okay, like you said, we always have fun!
We FEEL your pain! Every law event we were invited to was surrounded with BOOZE! The nice part about it was that it always reminded me that there is so much more to life...FAMILY!!
p.s. I am TOTALLY jealous that you are going to the Beach in OCTOBER!!If you are going to live somewhere hot...it is ALWAYS nice to have the beautiful white sand beach!! (or you could just live somewhere ridiculously hot..like HOUSTON??)
You forgot to mention looking just like the opening part of the TV show "yes dear!" I watched it today and died laughing! It was so us on Saturday! We definelty had more fun than any of those boozers.
hmmmm Ben carrying a thousand beach toys or someone swimming drunk ... in my head I'm guessing it's the drunk that looked slightly silly :) Oh sandblast ...
Yikes! I bet that was an experience! At least you weren't walking through a nude beach or something...
I have a hard time understanding the whole get drunk all night long and then forget what you did last night thing. I love that you stopped and took a snapshot on your way out! As if you didn't already stand out... Awesome!
Um yes, when Jenson was 2 weeks old we were in St. George...We decided a shopping trip to Vegas would be fun. My brother in law recommended a restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel and so we decided to check it out. There was a huge party at the hotel pool and there was hundreds of people drinking in bikinis in the halls and outside the restaurant. We come walking in with two kids, my two neices and my two very pregnant sister-in-laws. I can still remember the looks we got. How did we get here??? You gotta love it though!
I think your party looks like way more fun than theirs. I'D fit in better with your crowd anyway...
Jared and I have had that same moment here in DC with all these single med students! Everyone going to parties and staying out late and Im just happy hanging out at home and going to bed at 9. Is that bad?:)
Post a Comment