Saturday, July 11, 2009


sunday we had a bbq with everyone. it was really fun and we are loving having family so close!

we had the best view. we were on the jersey side in hoboken on the pier. there was one barge (where they shot the fireworks from) right in front of us, and we could see the other 4 very well!

we were straight across the hudson from the empire state building and when it got dark they lit it up with red, white and blue. it was so fun! (can you see carson's face through the light toy?!)


carson started the fireworks really scared. he wrapped his legs around me and held on so tight, after about 3-5 min this is how he ended up! needless to say it was a long day!


we let the kids choose one ride on the boardwalk to ride and nathan loved the flying elephants
addie loved the roller coaster but wasn't too sure about her riding partner!

we watched the famous nathan's hot dog eating contest. it was SO GROSS. the hotdogs were okay, but to eat 68 of them in ten min! wow, it was something i have never seen before and will be okay not seeing it again! (go to espn if you are dying to see it!) coney island was really fun, but really dirty maybe because it was the 4th and the rest of ny/nj was there too!


we were so lucky to have ben's cousin jared and his wife linzie come and visit ny and see us! the kids were so great together, they loved each other and were sad when they had to leave. the last time we were together was about 2 and a half years ago and we were at a family party and all of the sudden avery came in and yelled that she didn't like addie anymore in front of the whole family! it was so funny, so we were really glad they buried the hatchet and are good friends again!




and last but definitely not least, our 7th anniversary was on June 28th and ben suprised me with wicked tickets! it was SO fun! the play was amazing and it was wonderful to be just us together in new york. we ate pizza on the side of the road and walked around times square it was so great.

11 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

Didn't you just LOVE Wicked!? We saw it this summer in SF. Jersey looks so great :) I love Addie's face on the roller coaster! hahaha
We love seeing what you guys are up to - take care!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Oh man! You are so close to this pizzeria called "Grimaldi's" right off the Brooklyn bridge. You should check it out. It is delicious! I love that you live in NY!! I love it there! How fun for you!

Dustin and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dustin and Melissa said...

It is so great to see you and your family having so much fun on the 4th of July! That is wonderful that you have family so close to you. From your pictures it looks like you had a much better view of the fireworks show from the NJ side. What an awesome day!

Wicked is one of the best shows I have ever seen! It was amazing! I would see it again in a heartbeat!

You really are not that far from us. We should definitely get together. As much as we love the city, it always feels to go get away and enjoy wide open spaces. :)

CottleCrew said...

You're pics of the 4th were so cute, I love how festive you all look in red, white, and blue. And I LOVE Addie's face on the ride.

WICKED TICKETS??? That is so cool, Good Job Ben!!

Love you and Miss You!!

The Pack's said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you were able to see Wicked. I loved it when we saw it. Thanks for the great pics of your visit to Coney Island and the fireworks.

Live up the chance you have to see as much as you can while you are in NJ. I can't wait until we can come and visit too.

mom said...

I loved the pictures. It looks like you are adjusting to big city life and the East Coast. We love you all

Holly said...

What a cool place to watch fireworks on the 4th of July! I can't believe you guys live there, it seems like places like Coney Island only exist in movies (at least to me) but you were actually there in real life, very cool! :)

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

Wow! Sounds amazing! Hope you guys like it where you are!! How is school?

MyrLynn said...

I can't believe you guys have been married for 7 years! Congrats! It sounds like you are doing great. I can't believe you saw the Hot Dog contest. Nate has to watch that every year. That's why I don't eat hot dogs anymore.

Tarahh77 said...

I love how much fun you guys are having! Miss you and I love your hair!